You know you're living in the Bay Area when
1. Your household income is $140,000 and you can't
for the kids.
2. You think anything slower than DSL is barbaric,
but can't get
it in your neighborhood.
3. You know what DSL stands for.
4. You think that American food includes sushi,
naan, pho and pad
5. You met your neighbors once.
6. When asked about your commute you answer in time,
7. Even though you work 80 hours per week on a
relaxation you read your email and peruse eBay.
8. You have worked at the same job for a year and
people call you
9. You have a special drawer devoted to T-shirts
with the company
10. The T-shirts you value most were for products
that never made
it to market.
11. You can name four different programming
languages and you are
not a programmer.
12. You remember the names of the three closest
cheap sushi joints,
the location of all the Fry's in the area and which
your friends work for that are going public in the
but don't know the name of the mayor.
13. Standing in line at Starbucks you wonder why the
don't call a head hunter.
14. You work 6 miles from your home and spend two
hours a day
commuting and $40 a week on gas.
15. Winter is when your lawn grows too fast and
summer is when it
16. You live on some of the richest farm land in the
world but most
of what you eat comes from South America.
17. Your best friend lives across town but you
hardly ever see each
other because after your commute you're too pooped
another hour driving to their home.
18. You cringe when you see people in suits at your
wondering if someone in management will make you
19. You plan your vacation so that you don't have to
drive back in
20. You could walk to the mall in 45 minutes, but
transit adds another three hours and you still have
to walk 45
21. You don't go to sporting events unless you are
given tickets by
22. You could sell your home and live like a king in
99% of the
rest of the world, but don't because it would be