Top 20 Best Excuses If Your Boss Catches You Visiting Entertainment Web Sites
1. I was trying to establish a link with reality.
2. The help desk changed my default home page.
3. I was researching our competition.
- What do we make again?
4. Look at the number of hits these guys have racked up - we have GOT to figure out their marketing strategy!
- Alan in Chicago
5. I'm testing my monitor to make sure it gets all 4 million colors.
- 2 million so far b e r t
6. I need to download all these MP3s to thoroughly test the sound drivers. The user is having intermittent problems with the sound.
- Erika the Red
7. I'm checking out reports of bandwidth problems.
- Our IT guy uses this all the time!
8. I'm testing the new content filters. Here's a list of porn sites try to access them from your office. Come back later to let me know if any of them got through the filter.
- There ain't no filter, and he didn't come back
9. I found this site listed in the web history of a user's browser and was viewing the content to determine if it was appropriate or should be blocked. I'm going to audit your PC next.
10. I don't know HOW my browser got to this site...damn Microsoft.
- Bill Gates is ALWAYS to blame...
11. Mutter, "Dang these pop-up ads."
12. Dang viruses... did you know they can change ALL your bookmarks?
13. I was just checking out the nav on this site. We should consider implementing a similar structure.
- what's a nav?
14. Isn't it frustrating how many irrelevant hot links they put into bona-fide news articles?
- Deputy Baron Og
15. I quit smoking, and this takes only half of the time the smokers use daily for that.
- never smoked-bert
16. It was a link on HR's web page, showing the fun the side of our area to prospective employees.
17. Our firewall is worthless. I need 30K for an upgrade!
- surfin' all day long
18. It's a support site for some software I'm working with. (He has no clue what I'm working with!)
- unix-bert in a windows world
19. Just because Nicolas Cage and Johnny Depp are in the movie doesn't mean that it's not about our product.
- Yes you can watch movies online
20. My boss complained because he "caught" me playing a game. It happened to be the game I was programming! We're a games company!
- p*g* bert