If IBM made toasters...
They would want one big toaster where people bring bread to be
submitted for overnight toasting. IBM would claim a worldwide
market for five, maybe six toasters.
If Xerox made toasters...
You could toast one-sided or double-sided.
Successive slices would get lighter and lighter.
The toaster would jam your bread for you.
If Radio Shack made toasters...
The staff would sell you a toaster, but not know anything about
it. Or you could buy all the parts to build your own toaster.
If University of Waterloo made toasters...
They would immediately spin off a company called WatToast.
If ParcPlace made toasters...
Their OO building block system would be called EGGO.
If Oracle made toasters...
They'd claim their toaster was compatible with all brands and
styles of bread, but when you got it home you'd discover the Bagel
Engine was still in development, the Croissant Extension was three
years away, and that indeed the whole appliance was just blowing
If Sun made toasters...
The toast would burn often, but you could get a really good cuppa
Does DEC still make toasters?...
They made good toasters in the '80s, didn't they?
If Hewlett-Packard made toasters...
They would market the Reverse Polish Toaster, which takes in toast
and gives you regular bread.
If Tandem made toasters...
You could make toast 24 hours a day, and if a piece got burned the
toaster would automatically toast you a new one.
If Thinking Machines made toasters...
You would be able to toast 64,000 pieces of bread at the same time.
If Cray made toasters...
They would cost $16 million but would be faster than any other
single-slice toaster in the world.
If The Rand Corporation made toasters...
It would be a large, perfectly smooth and seamless black cube.
Every morning there would be a piece of toast on top of it. Their
service department would have an unlisted phone number, and the
blueprints for the box would be highly classified government
documents. The X-Files would have an episode about it.
If the NSA made toasters...
Your toaster would have a secret trap door that only the NSA could
access in case they needed to get at your toast for reasons of
If Sony made toasters...
The ToastMan, which would be barely larger than the single piece
of bread it is meant to toast, can be conveniently attached to
If Timex made toasters...
They would be cheap and small quartz-crystal wrist toasters that
take a licking and keep on toasting.
If Fisher Price made toasters...
"Baby's First Toaster" would have a hand-crank that you turn to
toast the bread that pops up like a Jack-in-the-box.
If the Franklin Mint made toasters...
Every month, you would receive another lovely hand-crafted piece
of your authentic hand-crafted Civil War pewter toaster.
If CostCo made toasters...
They'd be really cheap, as long as you bought a six-pack of 'em.
And, of course:
If Microsoft made toasters...
Every time you bought a loaf of bread, you would have to buy a
toaster. You wouldn't have to take the toaster, but you'd still
have to pay for it anyway. Toaster'95 would weigh 15000 pounds
(hence requiring a reinforced steel countertop), draw enough
electricity to power a small city, take up 95% of the space in
your kitchen, would claim to be the first toaster that lets you
control how light or dark you want your toast to be, and would
secretly interrogate your other appliances to find out who made
them. Everyone would hate Microsoft toasters, but nonetheless
would buy them since most of the good bread only works with their
If Apple made toasters...
It would do everything the Microsoft toaster does, but 5 years
- 101 Things You Do Not Want Your System Administrator To Say
- 10 Commandments Of Email
- 10 Reasons You Know You Bought A Bad Computer
- 10 Users
- 10 Years Ago
- 12-Step Internet Addiction Recovery Program
- 1776 Computers
- 5MB Hard Disk In 1956
- AOL Diary
- A Confused Computer
- A Poem For Computer Users Over 40
- A Y2K Solution
- Abbott Win95
- Abrahams Computer
- Actual Japanese Error Messages
- Addicted To Vi
- Alien Chain Letter
- Always Accessible
- An Ode To Unix
- Ancient Tech Support
- Antique PC
- Aol City
- Aol Dict
- Aol Pie
- Aol Xmas
- Auctual Microsoft Helpdesk Conversations
- Auto Remote Key
- Ballad Y2k Gilligan Parody
- Bart Uses Google
- Bill Gates Car
- Bill Gates Reception Room
- Bill Gates And The God
- Britney Spears Vs Computer
- Bumper Stickers
- Can I Have My Spider Back
- Celebrity Computer Viruses
- Chalk Board
- Chat Pinocchio
- Chatting With Girl Friends
- Common Computer Acronyms
- Computer Better Than Everything
- Computer Breasts
- Computer Chat
- Computer Diagnosis
- Computer Exorcism
- Computer Geek
- Computer Gender
- Computer Ho
- Computer Humor
- Computer Keyboard Eraser
- Computer Linterature
- Computer Memory
- Computer Nerd
- Computer Prayer
- Computer Terminology
- Computer Vs Air Conditioner
- Conversation Gd Moses Comp
- Ctrl Alt Delete
- Cup Holders
- Customers Do Strangest Things
- Cyber Date
- Diary Of An AOL User
- Drag And Drop
- E-mail Addiction Signs
- Eating Mouse
- Ebay User With Lowest Feedback Score
- Email Forwarding
- Email From Heaven
- Engineer Identification Test
- Evil Tv
- Evolution Of Product Documentation
- Evolution Of A Programmer
- Extend Deadline
- Feel Sorry For Tech Support People
- First Appointment
- First Computer In Biblical Times
- Flame Response Form
- FreeBSD Fs Linux
- FreeBSD Kills Linux
- Funniest Gmail Phishing Email With Captcha
- GM Makes Computers
- Gates Coke Pointers
- Getting To Know Your Computer
- Girlsfriend Version One
- Gorilla And Computer
- HTML Tattoo
- Hands Free Cell Phone
- Hidden Settings
- Hitching On Information Highway
- How Company Names Came About
- How Was I Born
- How It All Began
- How To Pick Up Girls On Orkut
- How To Be Annoying In The Computer Lab
- Hundreds Of Linux Boxes Booting On An Airplane
- I Love You More Than My Computer
- I Love You Virus
- If Aol Made Cars
- If Architecht Programmers
- If God Were A Computer Programmer
- If People Bought Cars Like They Buy Computers
- Image Loading On Internet
- Installing Love
- Intelligent Clip
- International Calendar Y2k
- Internet Cable Providers
- Internet Junkie
- Internet Reality
- Internet Virus Warning
- Is Win95 A Virus
- Jesus Saves
- Jobless Man At Microsoft
- Junk Mail 101
- Kill Windows
- Laptops In Recent Movies
- Learn From The Movies
- Linux Case
- Linux Tech Call
- Living In 2003
- Lunch At HP
- MSN Messenger Smilies
- MS Word Clip
- MS Word Doggy
- MS Word Menu Tools
- Make A Web Site For Me For Free
- Meanings Of Abbreviations
- Men And Computers
- Message From An ISP
- Microsoft Engineer
- Microsoft Hit Wizard
- Microsoft Tech Support Award Winner
- Mike Tysons Computer
- Modern Life Work Home Play Sleep
- Mom Dad
- Mom Understand Comp
- Moron Computer Operator
- Mr Or Mrs Computer
- Ms Automobile Gm
- Ms Mcdonalds
- Ms Revenue Ads Error Messages
- Ms Xmas
- Murphys Law In Computers
- Net Snoop
- Never Marry A Software Engineer
- New Chinese MSN Messenger
- New Mouse For Men
- New Ms Keyboard
- New Way To Print
- Newsgroup Etiquette Emilypost
- Nite B4 Y2k
- No Parking - Get Your Own Wireless Network
- Office 1
- Office 2
- Office Assistant Suicide
- Office Suzie
- Passwords Tattoo
- Picture Of Playstation Sold On Ebay
- Programmers Of Chelm
- Programming Languages Are Like Women
- Recursive Acronym Or Self Referral Acronyms
- Redneck Computer Lingo
- Remember When
- Restaurant Y2k
- Romeo Juliet
- Sex Vs Computers
- Signs Of Living In 2006
- Soft Rev
- Software Engineering Glossary
- Software Engineering Glossary From Marketing View
- Star Trek N Computer Geeks
- Sun Microsystems Sues Island Of Java
- System Problem Report
- Tech Support Butterdrive
- Tech Support Calls
- Technology Age
- Technology For Country Folks
- The Aircraft
- The Amazing Health Computer
- The Amphibious Princess
- The Best Anti Virus You May Ever Buy
- The Hacker Test
- The Internet Explained
- The Life Of A Computer Analyst
- The Seven Stages Of A Usenet Poster
- The Top 25 Explanations By Programmers
- Toaster Makers
- Top 10 Geek Quotes
- Top 10 Notes Engineering School Did Not Teach
- Top Ten Usenet Users
- Turkish Computer Virus
- Type Chainletter
- Types Of Women
- U Engineers
- Understanding Computer Technology
- Useful Key
- Useless Man
- Usgov V Ms
- Using Computers For A Gratuitous Screw Reference
- Vacation Pay Y2k
- Vanish VCR Tapes
- Vision And Perseverance
- WP Problems
- Ways Things Would Be Different If Microsoft Was Headquartered In South Carolina
- Web Drinking Game
- When Airplanes Run Microsoft Windows
- Where Do The Deleted Characters Go
- Which Type Of Woman Is Your Girlfriend
- Why Windows 95 Is Called Windows 95
- Windaz 2000
- Windows Copy
- Windows Crash
- Woman Vs Computer Geek Joke
- WordPerfect Helpline
- Words From Techsupport
- Y2K Mickey Mouse Song
- Y2k Hairspray
- Y To K Conversion
- Y Zero K
- Yk Atone Email
- IPhone For Everyone