1. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
3. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
4. The average person.s left hand does 56% of the typing.
5. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
6. There are more chickens than people in the world.
7. 2/3 of the world.s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
8. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is .screeched..
9. On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building
10. is an American flag.
11. All of the clocks in the movie .Pulp Fiction. are stuck on 4:20.
12. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
13. .Dreamt. is the only English word that ends in the letters .mt..
14. All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5.00 bill.
15. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
16. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies. room during a dance.
17. Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
18. There are only 4 words in the English language which end in .dous.: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
19. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
20. An ostrich.s eye is bigger than its brain.
21. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
22. In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
23. Al Capone.s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
24. The characters Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra.s .It.s a Wonderful Life..
25. A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
26. A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
27. A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
28. It.s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (DON.T try this at work!)
29. The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
30. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
31. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
32. Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister. (Presbyterian)
33. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
34. There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
35. The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
36. A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
37. A polar bear.s skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
38. Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn.t wear pants.
39. More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
40. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
41. Shakespeare invented the words .assassination. and .bump..
42. Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on one foot.
43. If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white..
44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
45. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
46. The sentence .the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. uses every
47. letter in the English language.
48. The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.
49. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
50. The words racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
51. A snail can sleep for 3 years.
52. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
53. The electric chair was invented by a dentist. (Does that one really surprise any of us?)
54. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population of 1000
55. & a size of 108.7 acres.
56. .I am.. is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
57. No president of the United states was an only child.
58. And last and definitely most important:
59. The average chocolate bar has 8 insects. legs in it.