This is really meaningful and worth spending a minute!!!
I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.
He said, "Please excuse me, too;
I wasn't really watching for you."
We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way and we said good-bye.
But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still.
When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.
He walked away, his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
While I lay awake that night in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,
"While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use,
But the children you love, you seem to abuse.
Go and look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.
Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,
You never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."
By this time, I was feeling very small,
And then my tears began to fall.
I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.
"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."
I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."
He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. I love you anyway."
I said, "Son, I love you too, and I do like
the flowers, especially the blue."
Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company that
we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days.
But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the
rest of their lives.
And come to think of it, we pour ourselves
more into work than into our own family---- an unwise
investment indeed, don't you think?
So what is behind this story? Do you know what the word
FAMILY=(F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER,(I) (L)OVE (Y)OU!
Pass this on to everyone that you care about.
I just did!
- 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived
- 10 Things That Were Discovered Accidentally
- 200 Amazing Secrets
- 21st Century
- 30 Years Difference
- 50 Romantic Things To Do For Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend
- 9 Things God Wont Ask On The Judgement Day
- 9 Things I Hate About Everyone
- A Glimpse Of The World
- Accident Report
- Actual Excuses Notes From The Parents
- Actual Headlines
- Actual Insurance Forms
- Actual Writings On Hospital Charts
- Airline Attendant Announcments
- Amazing Facts
- Ancient Chinese Proverbs
- Apples On The Trees
- Barney Is Devil
- Basic Horoscope
- Be Happy Today
- Belching Dragon Restaurant
- Birth Dates And Animals
- Birth Numbers
- Birthday Colors
- Chat With God
- Chinese Good Luck
- Chinese Horoscope
- Dear God
- Deep Thoughts
- Differences Between Love And Like
- Disgusting Truth Of Your Life
- Dog Crossing Street
- Easy And Hard
- Eleven Proven Ways To Get Along Better With Everyone
- Emergency Friendship System
- Employment Question
- Ever Wondered
- Examples Of Unclear Writing
- Fashion Suggestions For Nerds
- Five More Minutes
- Friends Alphabet
- Friends Find Their Way
- From Birth To Death
- From The Heart
- Full Day Of Education
- Funny Life Quotes
- Funny Signs
- God Answers Prayer
- God Created Animals
- God In Every Moment
- Good Morning Advice
- Government Programs
- Great Inspiration
- Great Relationship
- Great Wealth
- Happiness Is Something You Decide On Ahead Of Time
- Having A Bad Day
- Heart With Words
- Hourly Earnings
- How The Word FAMILY Came About
- How To Stay Young And Happy
- I Am Thankful
- I Believe
- I Love You In 20 Languages
- If I Could Be A Letter
- If You Love Someone
- Important Advice
- Inner Peace
- Interview With God
- Japanese Prime Minister
- Kids Reflections On The Nature Of Love
- Licking Envelopes
- Life Stages
- Logical Lessons
- Lotus Totus Good Luck Advice
- Love Chart
- Love Letter
- Love Story
- Making Of Honda Ad
- Meaning Of Hello
- Memo From God
- Miracle Cure
- Mud Puddles And Sunny Yellow Dandelions
- Never Have Regrets
- Never If
- New Definitions For 2002
- Only In America
- Our Faces
- Psychological Profile Test
- Psychological Test
- Quotes From Bernard Shaw
- Real Court Reports
- Research On The Order Of Letters
- Rules Of Life
- Safety Tips For Women
- Secret Of Success
- Shake It Off
- Sleeping 1
- Sleeping 2
- Sleeping 3
- Sleeping 4
- Sleeping Styles
- Some Pieces Of Advice
- Something To Think About
- Somtimes Life Is Fair
- Stepping Up In Life
- Story Of Our Life
- Survival At Work
- Take Time
- Talking To God
- Tell Them You Love Them
- That Is Life
- The Best Things In Life
- The Gift Of Life
- The Lotus Totus
- The Most Important Part Of The Body
- The Mosts
- The Pig
- The Rules Of The Happy Life
- The World Is Changing
- The Art Of Letting Go
- Things I Have Learned From My Children
- Things You Didnt Know You Didnt Know
- Things You Never Knew Had Names
- Things To Think About
- Three Filter Test
- Three Men
- Three Things Of Life
- To My Friends
- To Realize
- Top Eight Idiots Of 2002
- Two Things To A Good Life
- Two Traveling Angels
- Useless Facts
- Useless Facts Part 2
- Useless Facts Part 3
- Valentine Day Quotes By William Shakespeare
- Water Therapy From India
- We Are So Blessed
- Wear Sunscreen
- Weird Facts
- Weird Questions
- What Does Your Name Start With
- What Life Is All About
- What Tree Did You Fall From
- What Wise Man Said
- What Your Birth Day Says
- What Your Birth Month Says
- What Your Initial Stands For
- What A Difference A Century Makes
- What Do People Talk About
- What Is Love
- What Is Wrong With This World
- Whenever A Man Lies
- Why Ocean Water Is Salty
- Why Women Cry
- Why Worry
- You And God
- You And Your Crush
- Your Friendship
- Your Insurance Wont Cover THAT