This is a hoax. For more information see:
* Please read and forward to anyone you know who drives.
* My name is Captain Abraham Sands of the Jacksonville, Florida Police
I have been asked by state and local authorities to write this email
in order to get the word out to car drivers of a very dangerous prank that
is occurring in numerous states.
* Some person or persons have been affixing hypodermic needles to the
underside of gas pump handles. These needles appear to be infected with
HIV positive blood.
In the Jacksonville area alone there have been 17 cases of people
being stuck by these needles over the past five months.
* We have verified reports of at least 12 others in various states
around the country. It is believed that these may be copycat incidents
due to someone reading about the crimes or seeing them reported on the
television. At this point no one has been arrested and catching the
perpetrator(s) has become our top priority.
* Shockingly, of the 17 people who where stuck, eight have tested HIV
positive and because of the nature of the disease, the others could test
positive in a couple years.
* Evidently the consumers go to fill their car with gas, and when
picking up the pump handle get stuck with the infected needle.
IT IS IMPERATIVE TO CAREFULLY CHECK THE HANDLE of the gas pump each time
you use one.
LOOK AT EVERY SURFACE YOUR HAND MAY TOUCH, INCLUDING UNDER THE HANDLE.
* If you do find a needle affixed to one, immediately contact your local
police department so they can collect the evidence.
***********PLEASE HELP US BY MAINTAINING A VIGILANCE AND BY FORWARDING
THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO DRIVES.
THE MORE PEOPLE WHO KNOW OF THIS THE BETTER PROTECTED WE CAN ALL BE.