Human Resources Guidebook
What is a human resource? Does your organization struggle with the
problem of properly fitting people to jobs? Here is a handy hint for
ensuring success in job placement.
Take the prospective employees you are trying to place and put them
in a room with only a table and two chairs. Leave them alone for two
hours, without any instruction. At the end of that time, go back and
see what they are doing.
* If they have taken the table apart in that time, put them in
* If they are counting the butts in the ashtray, assign them to
* If they are screaming and waving their arms, send them off to
* If they are talking to the chairs, Personnel is a good spot for
* If they are sleeping, they are Management material.
* If they are writing up the experience, send them to Tech Pubs.
* If they don't even look up when you enter the room, assign them to
* If they try to tell you it's not as bad as it looks, send them to
* And if they've left early, put them in Sales.