Quotations By Famous People
- What is a committee? A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit,
to do the unnecessary.
Richard Harkness, The New York Times, 1960...
- I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because
I hate plants.
A. Whitney Brow...
- There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were
as easy to use as his telephone.
That wish has come true, since I no
longer know how to use my telephone. -- Stroustrup...
- Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you recognise a mistake
when you make it again.
F. P. Jone...
- Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent
disinclination to do so.
- Life without you would be like a broken pencil." "How's that?
"Completely pointless." -- Blackadder, Series II...
- As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important
that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much
What's important is that you continue to do so.
- Life may have no meaning. Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which
- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brillia
- Her kisses left something to be desired -- the rest of her.
Retrieved from http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Quotations_By_Famous_People/page-2.html