- Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy
driving cabs and cutting hair.
-- George Bu...
- Doing a thing well is often a waste of time." -- Robert Byrne
- Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better than
-- George Bernard Shaw...
- I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it." -- Ashleigh Brillia
- The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself.
-- Sir Richard F. Burto...
- Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and
remove all doubt.
-- Mark Twai...
- I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the
truth even if it costs them their jobs.
-- Samuel Goldwy...
- Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up
the pillow was gone.
-- Tommy Coope...
- Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act." -- Truman Capote
- The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!
' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'" -- Isaac Asimov...