- Aigner's Axiom: No matter how well you perform your job, a superior will seek to modify the results.
- The Airplane Law: When the plane you're on is late, the plane you're transferring to is on time.
- Alinsky's Rule for Radicals: Those who are most moral are farthest from the problem.
- Allen's Law: Almost anything is easier to get into than to get out of.
- Amand's Law of Management: Everyone is always someplace else.
- Andras's Political Postulate: Foundation of a party signals the dissolution of the movement.
- Anthony's Law of Force: Don't force it; get a larger hammer.
- Anthony's Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll
into the least accessible corner of the workshop.
Corollary: On the way to the corner, any dropped tool will first strike your to...
- Aristotle's Dictum: One should always prefer the probable impossible to the improbable possible.
- The Army Axiom: Any order that can be misunderstood has been misunderstood.