Simpsons Sly Social Commentary
- Lisa: Mom, romance is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, then sold off piece by piece.
Episode: Another Simpsons Clip Show...
- When Bart & Lisa's class watch from the distance a Civil War re-enactment, someone screams, "Look!
They're trying to learn for free!"
Episode: 2F19, The PTA Disband...
- Store sign reads, "Mom & Pop Hardware: A Subsidiary of Global Dynamics Corporation"
Homer as Arti...
- Homer says, on the smuggling of jeans into Springfield
Think about the real victims: Calvin Kline, Gloria Vanderbilt, and Antoine Bugleboy -- people who saw an overcrowded market and said, 'Me, too!...
- Flanders' wife: "I've been going to Bible classes. They're teaching me to be more judgmental.
Episode: the one where Bart breaks his leg/ Lisa is popular because they have a pool....
- Lisa on Slave Labor: "You get what you pay for."
Episode: The Bible episode
- Bart to Lisa, while watching a movie: if you don't watch the scary parts, you won't get desensitized to it.
Episode: when Homer meets a white trashy girl in a ba...
- Reverend Lovejoy: "Eventually I stopped caring. But that was the '80s so nobody noticed.
Episode: when Marge takes over the help line at the Church and Flanders calls obsessively....
- Homer: "The '80s were an idealistic time. The rise of Supertramp, the candidacy of John Anderson.
John Anderson was a third-party candidate who ran for President in 1980....
- The Superintendant: "But I'm a public servant. I can't use my judgment.
Episode: When Principal Skinner & Mrs. Karbopel have an affair....
Retrieved from http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Simpsons_Sly_Social_Commentary/