1. I accidentally divided by zero and my paper burst into flames.
2. Isaac Newton's birthday.
3. I could only get arbitrarily close to my textbook. I couldn't
actually reach it.
4. I have the proof, but there isn't room to write it in this margin.
5. I was watching the World Series and got tied up trying to prove
that it converged.
6. I have a solar powered calculator and it was cloudy.
7. I locked the paper in my trunk but a four-dimensional dog got in
and ate it.
8. I couldn't figure out whether i am the square of negative one or
i is the square root of negative one.
9. I took time out to snack a doughnut and a cup of coffee. I spent
the rest of the night trying to figure which one to dunk.
10. I could have sworn I put the homework inside a Klein bottle, but
this morning I couldn't find it.
A Physicist and a mathematician setting in a faculty lounge. Suddenly, the
coffee machine catches on fire. The physicist grabs a bucket and
leap towards the sink, filled the bucket with water
and puts out the fire. Second day, the same two sit in the same lounge. Again,
the coffee machine catches on fire. This time, the mathematician stands up,
got a bucket, hand the bucket to the physicist, thus reduce the problem to
a previousely solved one.