- A man said to the Universe: "Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the Universe,
"the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.
-- Stephen Crane...
- Be self-reliant and your success is assured.
- For economists, the real world is often a special case.
- Ask five economists and you'll get five different explanations (six if
one went to Harvard).
-- Edgar R. Fiedle...
- A meeting is an event where minutes are taken and hours wasted
- An ounce of vanity can ruin a ton of merit.
- You know the type.
- Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
-- Samuel Goldwy...
- A person is just about as big as the things that make them angry.
- The world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed. -- Sean O'Casey