- Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me." (To her housekeeper, who had begun to pray aloud.
) ~~ Joan Crawford, actress, d. May 10, 1977...
- I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring." ~~ Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988
- Is it the Fourth?" ~~ Thomas Jefferson, US President, d. July 4, 1826
- Why not? Yeah." ~~ Timothy Leary, d. May 31, 1996
- Why do you weep. Did you think I was immortal?" ~~ Louis XIV, King of France, d. 1715
- I am a Queen, but I have not the power to move my arms." ~~ Louise, Queen of Prussia, d. 1820
- Go on, get out - last words are for fools who haven't said enough.
(To his housekeeper, who urged him to tell her his last words so she could write them down for posterity....
- I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room - and God damn it - died in a hotel room.
~~ Eugene O'Neill, writer, d. November 27, 1953...
- Get my swan costume ready." ~~ Anna Pavlova, ballerina, d. 1931
- They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." (Killed in battle during US Civil War.
) ~~ General John Sedgwick, Union Commander, d. 1864...
Retrieved from http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Last_Words/page-2.html