- Why not? Why not? Why not? Why not? Yeah."
--Timothy Leary, gadfly, 1920-1996
- I wish to use my body as a torch
To dissipate the darkness
To waken Love among men
And to bring Peace to Viet Nam.
--Nhat Chi Mai, teacher, d. 1967...
- It has all been very interesting."
--Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, writer, 1689-August 21, 1762
- Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
--Nostradamus, prophet, 1503-1566
- Born in a hotel room--and God damn it--died in a hotel room.
--Eugene O'Neill, playwright, 1888-1953...
- Get my swan costume ready."
--Anna Pavlova, ballerina, 1881-1931
- Wait a second."
--Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson Pompadour, Marquise d'Etoiles,
mistress of Louis XV,1721-1764
(She used the final second to apply rouge to her cheeks.
- Bring down the curtain, the farce is played out."
"I owe much
I have nothing; the rest I leave to the poor."
--Francois Rabelais, writer, 1494?...
- Everybody has got to die, but I have always believed an exception would be made in my case.
--William Saroyan, writer, 1908-1981...
- What is the question?"
--Gertrude Stein, writer, 1874-July 27, 1946
Retrieved from http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Last_Words/page-7.html