- Love your country, but never trust its government.
-- Robert A. Heinlein.
- The power to tax involves the power to destroy;...the power to
destroy may defeat and render useless the power to create.
-- Chief Justice John Marshall, 1819....
- Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits
drawn around us by the equal rights of others.
-- Thomas Jefferso...
- Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government
Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?...
- They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759....
- Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the
government's purposes are beneficient.
..The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in
insidious encroachment by men of zeal, w...
- Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the
pursuit of justice is no virtue.
-- Barry Goldwater (actually written by Karl Hess)...
- I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as
necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.
-- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787...
- This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Retrieved from http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Freedom/page-2.html