Ford had a problem in Brazil when the Pinto flopped. The company found out that Pinto was Brazilian slang for "tiny male genitals". Ford pried all the nameplates off and substituted Corcel, which means horse.
- FORD: Found On Road Dead.
- Speaking for the whole company, Mr. Sizya Lubuva of Kinondomi, Dar es Salaam,
A number of us were having a conference about the future of the village as a tourist center when Mr....
- FORD : Fix or Repair Daily.
- The name Coca-Cola in China was first rendered as Ke-kou-ke-la.
Unfortunately, the Coke company did not discover until after thousands of signs had been printed that the phrase means "bite the wax tadpole" or "female horse stuffed with wax" depending on the dialect....
- Hunt-Wesson introduced its Big John products in French Canada as Gros Jos before finding out that the phrase, in slang, means "big breasts.
In this case, however, the name problem did not have a noticeable effect on sales....
- Edited by Brad Templeton. MAIL, yes MAIL your jokes to funny@looking.
UUCP Attribute the joke's source if at all possible....
- Have YOU totaled a Ford ... Lately?
- What the car you buy says about you:
- Acura Integra
I have always wanted to own the Buick of sports cars - Acura Legend...
- Q: What do you call a fish with no eyes?
Fucker Only Runs Downhill
I recently saw a condom machine in a toilet which had a
'Tested to British Safety Standards' sign on it.
.. Underneath someone had scrawled... '.......SO WAS THE TITANIC !!'...