- Pauline M. Marshall offers a couple from her home town in Fort
Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan (Canada). (since not all silly, outdated
laws are from the US)
1. It is illegal for a teen to walk down main street for Fort
Qu'Appelle with their shoes untied.
2. It is illegal to leave your horse in front of the Country Squire
(local hotel) without hitching it securely to the hitching post
(which was removed yeeeeeaaaars ago).
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
** List of Stupid Laws in the United States **
"These are real standing laws from around the United States of America.
Hope you enjoy them and remember, Law Enforcement is no joke!"
1. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating
1. It is illegal to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
1. Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal
for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping
over puddles of water.
1. You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles
2. You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.
1. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as
can the salon owner.
2. A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on
Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
3. If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking
fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
4. <SARASOTA> It is illegal to sing in a public place while
attired in a swimsuit.
5. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
6. Any form of sexual contact other than missionary position is
a misdomeanor. (This is still a law. There have been several
cases of people being brought up on these charges in the past 5
years alone. If the police enter a home with a warrent for some
other crime and catch the 'culprits' in action, they can, and are,
brought up on those charges.)
1. It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs,
cats, and other domesticated animal kept as pets.
1. Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
2. Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater
nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after
1. Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five
1. By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or
she "cannot hold onto the ground."
2. It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.
1. It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller
with a water pistol.
2. Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault,"
while biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."
1. Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
2. Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed
and securely locked.
3. An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first
pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
4. Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front
seat of their taxi during their shifts.
1. A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a
burp during a church service.
- New Mexico:
1. Females are strictly forbidden to appear unshaven in public.
- New York:
1. A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law
specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city
street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction
for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be
forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he
goes outside for a stroll.
- North Dakota:
1. Beer & pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar
1. Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in
1. Violators can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly
faces at a dog.
2. Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without
being licensed by the state.
3. Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to
congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
1. A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding
dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
2. No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his
1. It is illegal to lasso a catfish in Tennessee!!
1. A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot
without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.
2. It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time
1. Lawmakers made it obligatory for everybody to take at least
one bath each week -- on Saturday night.
1. All lollipops are banned.
2. A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a
motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and
telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town.
3. In King County, in Seattle Washington, it is illegal to sit
on a man's lap on a metro bus, unless you are married.
4. Vancouver, WA has a city law that requires all motor
vehicles to carry anchors... as an emergency brake. (Ted Timmons)
- West Virginia:
1. No children may attend school with their breath smelling of
W H Y C O P S H A T E Y O U <<<<&l <
-if you have to ask get out of the way-
Have you ever been stopped by a traffic cop and, while he was
writing a ticket or giving you a warning, you got the feeling that
he would just love to yank you out of the car, right through the
window, and smash your face into the front fender?...