Hyperpolysyllabicomania is a fondness for big words.
- Never fear big long words.
Big long words mean little things.
All big things have little names, Such as life and death, peace and war, Or dawn, day, night, hope, love, home....
- Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?
Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)...
- If you are to understand others, and have them understand you, know the big words but use the small ones.
- None but an author knows an author's cares,
Or fancy's fondness for the child she bears.
-- William Cowper (1731-1800)...
- Principal Skinner...
Pros: * Uses big words.
* Dislikes the boy.
* [something] Cons: * Possible Homer Sexual....
- Big is beautiful, big is accomodating.
- Words, words, words. And no place to put them all!
- Dear as the vital warmth that feeds my life;
Dear as these eyes, that weep in fondness o'er thee.
-- Thomas Otway (1651-1685) -- Venice Preserved, Act v, Sc. 1...