- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach
- Nostalgia is a seductive liar. George W. Ball
- Memory is the greatest of artists, and effaces from your mind what is unnecessary. Maurice Baring
- Half the work that is done in the world is to make things appear what they are not. E.R. Beadle
- What is now proved was once only imagined. William Blake
- Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever. Napoleon Bonaparte
- What you really value is what you miss, not what you have. Jorge Luis Borge
- My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions, but in the
fewness of my wants.
- Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth,
faithfulness the best relationship.
- The course of true anything does not run smooth. Samuel Butle