"Either that wallpaper goes, or I do." ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900
- Either the wallpaper goes or I do. -- Oscar Wilde, last word
- Either they go, or I do. -- Oscar Wilde, of his new bedroom curtains (attrib.), 1900
- My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death.
One or the other of us has to go. -- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) -- in Frank Harris Oscar Wilde...
- You ought to be a doctor," he said to Turner, "as you always
want people to do what they don't want to.
-- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) -- 28 November 1900, two days before his death, -- when he was already rather ill....
- I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room - and God damn it - died in a hotel room.
~~ Eugene O'Neill, writer, d. November 27, 1953...
- This wallpaper is dreadful. One of us has simply got to go. -- Oscar Wilde (his last words)
- Oscar Wilde: I wish I had said that. Whistler: You will, Oscar; you will. -- Oscar Wilde
- I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it.
It is never any good to oneself. -- Oscar Wilde, "An Ideal Husband...
- Why was I born with such contemporaries? -- Oscar Wilde