- Top Ten Changes If Linus Torvalds Achieves World Domination
That annoying Linus character from the Peanuts cartoons would be killed off 9....
- Top Ten Ways to Pronounce Linux
Lie-nucks 3. Not Win-doze 4. World Domination 5....
- Missouri Town Changes Name to 'Linux'
LINUX, MO -- The small Missouri town of Linn, county seat of Osage County,
announced yesterday that it will be henceforth called 'Linux'.
Mayor Bob Farrow said...
- Linux Rally Held in Pennsylvania
HARRISBURG, PA -- Thousands of Linux advocates gathered at the Pennsylvania
state capitol building earlier today.
They were protesting the state's recent three yea...
- CmdrBurrito" Launches Slashdot.org Parody
An anonymous hacker with the handle "CmdrBurrito" has launched a parody of the
Slashdot "News for Nerds" site entitled Dotslash.
Dotslash has the motto "S...
- Kitchen Sink' OS Announced
Coding has begun on a new operating system code named 'Kitchen Sink'.
The new OS will be based entirely on GNU Emacs....
- Mad Programmer Commits Suicide
KENNETT, MO -- For two years Doug Carter toiled away in his basement computer
lab working on his own 'Dougnix' operating system.
Apparently he was sick of Windows 95...
- Red Hat Unveils New Ad Campaign
Linux distributor Red Hat has announced plans for a $
650,000 ad campaign. The ads will appear on several major newspapers as well as on a few selected websites....
- Open Source Beer Revolution Yesterday, Red Hat introduced an 'open source' beer called Red Brew.
- Linux Infiltrates Windows NT Demo
SILICON VALLEY, CA -- Attendees at the Microsoft ActiveDemo Conference held
this week in San Jose were greeted by a pleasant surprise yesterday
Linux. Somehow a g...