- I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and
not Gary Cooper.
Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the
leading role in "Gone With The Wind....
- A cookie store is a bad idea. Besides, the market research
reports say America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy
cookies like you make.
Response to Debbi Fields' idea of
- We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.
--Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962....
- Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." --Lord Kelvin,
president, Royal Society, 1895.
- If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment.
The literature was full of examples that said you can't do this....
- So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing
thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think
about funding us?
Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do
it. Pay o...
- Professor Goddard does not know the relation between action and
reaction and the need to have something better than a vacuum
against which to react.
He seems to lack the basic knowledge
- You want to have consistent and uniform muscle development
across all of your muscles?
It can't be done. It's just a fact of
- Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try and find
You're crazy." --Drillers who Edwin L. Drake tried to enlist
to his project to drill for oil in 1859....
- Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau.
--Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929....
Retrieved from http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Famous_Last_Words/page-2.html