Mr. Hassan Nemazee
Hassan Nemazee was born in Washington, D.C. on
January 27, 1950 and attended Landon School, graduating
in 1968. He received his AB degree with Honors
from Harvard University in 1972.
Mr. Nemazee is the Chairman and CEO of Nemazee
Capital Corporation. Nemazee Capital Corporation
is a holdings company, which invests in both public
and private companies.
From 1979 to 1987, he served as Chairman and
CEO of HN Properties, which developed real estate
in Houston, Texas and Suburban Washington, D.C.
From 1972 to 1979, Mr. Nemazee served as Chairman
and CEO of Nemazee Holdings. Nemazee Holdings
was joint venture partner of American International
Group, Morgan Bank and Linbeck Construction in
- Member of Board of Trustees Asia Society March
- Nominated by President Clinton to be the U.S.
Ambassador to Argentina 1999
- Member of the Visiting Committee of the Center
for International Affairs, Harvard University.
1998 - present
- Member of the Visiting Committee on University
Resources, Harvard University 1986 - 2002
- Member of the Board of Directors, American Iranian
Council 2001 - 2002
- Member of the Middle East Center Advisory Council
at Harvard University 1990 - 1994
- Member of International Affairs Planning Committee,
Harvard University 1990 - 1995
- Named a John Harvard Fellow 1996
- Vice Chairman of Encyclopedia Iranica affiliated
with Columbia University 1990 - 1998
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Spence
School 1993 - 1997
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Brian
Trauma Foundation 1996 - present