- Virtue is like a rich stone, best plain set. -- Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
- Unmarried men are best friends, best masters, best serva
but not always
best subjects. -- Francis Bacon (1561-1626)...
- When is the best time for a man to marry?) A young man not yet, an older
man not at all.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)...
- The ways to enrich are many, and most of them foul.--Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
- Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to
reputation, all which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, though
religion were no
but superstition dismounts all...
- Freedom is not something that anybody can be given, freedom is something
James Baldwin (1924- ) "Nobody Knows My Name" (1961)...
- If you are born under the circumstances in which Black people are born, the
destruction of the Christian churches may not only be desireable but
James Baldwin (1924- ) in an addre...
- This life is a hospital in which every patient is possessed with a desire to
change his bed.
Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)...
- There is no purgatory but a woman. -- Francis Beaumont & John Fletcher (1614)
- Hatred can at times be a positively joyous emotion.
-- Simone de Beauvoir (1908- ) "The Prime of Life...
Retrieved from http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Quotations_-_Alphabetic/page-5.html