- There was never a genius without a tincture of madness. -- Aristotle (384-322)
- Man is the handwork of God. There is certainly nothing in us that is impure.
-- St. Athanasius (293-373 CE)...
- We are ensnared by the wisdom of the serpent; we are set free by the foolish-
ness of God.
St. Augustine (354-430 CE) "On Christian Doctrine" (396-427)...
- The purpose of all war is peace.
Augustine (354-430 CE) "The City of God" (413-426)...
- Marriage is not a good, but it is a good in comparison with fornication.
... Continence is a greater good than marriage. But I am aware of some that murmu...
- There is no possible source of evil except good.
Augustine (354-430 CE) "Contra Julia...
- He cannot have God for his father who refuses to have the Church for his
St. Augustine (354-430 CE) "De Sybolo...
- Necessity has no law. -- St. Augustine (354-430 CE) "Soliloquium Animae..
- Old age hurries upon him who commits adultery. -- Babylonian Talmud (450 CE)
- Great hypocrites are the true atheists. -- Francis Bacon (1561-1626)