Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
- He who sits on the pinnacle of power is still sitting on his own backside
- He lifted himself up by his own bootstraps.
- The most difficult secret for a man to keep is his own opinion of himself. PAGNOL
- He that uses many words for the explaining any subject, doth like
the cuttlefish, hide himself for the most part in his own ink.
- Every guilty person is his own hangman. -- Seneca
- The strong individual loves the earth so much he lusts for recurrence.
He can smile in the face of the most terrible though...
- Laughing at his own son, who got his mother, and by his mother's means
his father also, to indulge him, he told him that he had the most
power of any one in Greece
For the Athenians command the rest of Greece, I command the Athenians, your mother commands me, and you command your mother....
- My father's great dread was going senile, said one aristocrat,
apologizing for his father, who was happily exposing himself in the
But now he has, he's enjoying himself enormously. -- Jilly Coope...
- Every man is the architect of his own life. He builds it just the way he
However, after he has built what he wants, he sometimes decides that he doesn't like what he has built and looks for someone or something to blame instead of changing himself....