Miracle owes its origin to the negation of thought.
- No friendship lives long that owes its rise to the pot. -- Proverb
- Painting is the representation of visible forms. . .
The essence of realism is its negation of the ideal. -- Gustave Courbe...
- Praise, like gold and diamonds, owes its value only to its scarcity. -- Samuel Butle
- The standing miracle of this visible world is little thought of, because always
..For man himself is a greater miracle than any miracle done through his instrumentality....
- The world owes all its onward impulses to men ill at ease.
The happy man confines himself within ancient limits....
- If birth is a miracle, is not death also a miracle?
- The men who start out with the notion that the world owes them a living
generally find that the world pays its debt in the penitentiary or the
-- William G. Sumne...
- bells and whistles n.
[common] Features added to a
program or system to make it more flavorful from a hacker's
point of view
without necessarily adding to its utility for its primary function....
- Surely every human being ought to attain to the dignity of the unit.
Surely it is worth while to be one, and to feel that the census of the universe would be incomplete without counting you....