It's not what you say, it's what I think you said.
- You didn't say what you said I said you said.
- I know you think that you understood what you thought I said, but I am not all that sure that you understand that I seldom say what I think and even less often do I mean what I say.
- I know you think you uderstood what I said, but what you heard was not what I meant.
- While it is true that you are free to say what you think in this great land, it should be said that it is helpful to think what you are going to say before you do it.
- Be not ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
- Everyone, I think, remembers Voltaire's famous line about freedom of
The version of it that you are familiar with is actually based on a faulty translation....
- I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize what you heard is not what I really meant.
- Excuse me, what did you say? Oh, I thought you said "Whop".
- I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.