Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him
- Answer a fool according to his folly. -- Old Testament -- Proverbs xxvi, 5
- Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. -- Proverbs, 26:5
- A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own
- A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. Miscellaneous Proverb
- As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? There is more hope of a fool than of him....
- A fool finds pleasure in evil conduct, but a man of understanding
delights in wisdom.
- If A fool persists in his folly he shall become wise. -- William Blake
- Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he
holds his tongue.