You learn as much by writing as you do by reading.
- If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are rotten,
either write things worth reading or do things worth the writing.
-- Benjamin Frankli...
- In closing, gentle reader, I'd like to thank you.
' you say? Me thanking you? No, it's not a misprint, for you see, I enjoyed writing this book as much as you enjoyed reading it....
- Amazing how much you learn after thinking you know it all
- If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly.
- You won't learn much about capitalism at a university.
How could you? Capitalism is a matter of risks and rewards, and a tenured professor doesn't have much to do with either....
- After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul
And you learn that love doesn't mean security, And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts And presents aren't promises And you begin to accept your defeats With your head up and your eyes open, With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child, And you learn to build all your roads On today because tomorrow's ground Is too uncertain....