Mind Teazer The Questions
1. The maker doesn't want it, the buyer doesn't use it and the user doesn't
see it. What is it?
2. A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in
Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this
3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on
4. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in
the summer. How is this possible?
5. Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art
Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a battalion against a 20
German division during World War I. Through brilliant maneuvers he defeated
them 20 and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented
with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring
and Leadership World War One From the Men of Battalion 8" Captain Frank
looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe that
yarn, do you?" What's wrong with the story?
6. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or
politics, agreed is between heaven and earth?
7. In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same year?
8. A woman from New York married ten different men from that city, yet she
did not break any laws. None of these men died and she never divorced. How
was this possible?
9. Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar
10. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
11. A taxi driver was called to take a group of passengers to the train
station The station is normally an hour away, but with extra heavy traffic,
it took a full hour and a half. On the return trip the traffic was still as
heavy and yet it took only 90 minutes. Why?
12. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to make one
word? Note: There is only one correct answer.
13. Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a
penguin's egg. Why not?
14. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of
the egg is white"?
15. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden
leg. Why not?
16. There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for admission to
the "International Home Show" One of them was the father of the other's son.
How could this be possible?
17. After the new Canon Law that took effect on November 27, 1983, would a
Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's sister?
1. A coffin
2. The child was born before 1776
3. Mount Everest, it just hadn't been discovered!
4. Clara lives in the Southern Hemisphere
5. World War I wasn't called "World War I" until World War II
6. The word "and"
7. They fall in the same year every year, New Year's Day just arrives very
early in the year and Christmas arrives very late in the same year
8. The lady was a Justice of the Peace
9. One thousand nine hundred and ninety dollar bills are worth one dollar
more than one thousand nine hundred and eighty-nine dollar bills
10. Only once, then you are subtracting it from 20
11. An hour and a half IS 90 minutes
12. "one word"
13. Penguins live in the Antarctic
14. Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow
15. You have to take a picture of a man with a camera, not with a wooden leg
16. They were husband and wife
17. He can't because he's dead